16 June 2010

UK Trailer For Sylvain Chomet’s Animated Feature THE ILLUSIONIST






















source ThePeoplesMovies
Tomorrow Evening in Edinburgh the oldest film festival in the world kicks off, only been 1 hours drive away I’m kicking myself that I couldn’t get my press passess plus the movies I want to see are full, but my work abroad saw I didnt get things sorted. The opening movie will be an animated one and below is the UK Trailer for the movie called ‘The illusionist‘ created by Sylvain Chomet.
Chomet’s visual style is just delightful like the old watercolour/pen drawing traditional style, the storytelling is great as well very inspired by the Great Jacques Tati like his movies Mr Hurlot’s Holiday, just angry I wont be able to see it as well.

The story of the movie is the illisionists are a ‘dying breed’ of entertainer’s been replaced by the in your face rock stars and the main protaganist of the movie meets one of his young fans and his life changes, delightfully simply but very charming. 

Sony Classics will be releasing the movie via the cinemas stateside probally in the autumn as for UK or Ireland there’s no news yet.

trailer after the break...

No comments:

Post a Comment